Confidential Applicant Assessment Form and Letter of Reference
Deadline: February 3, 2020
Each applicant to the BScPA Physician Assistant Professional Degree Program is required to secure one referee to complete the Applicant Assessment Form and provide a Letter of Reference. It is the responsibility of the candidate to secure a referee who meets the requirements listed below. Should a referee not meet these requirements, the reference letter will be deemed unacceptable, and therefore the application will be incomplete and may not be considered.
- Only one reference (the first received) will be accepted
- My referee has knowledge of my performance as a health care provider
- My referee is in a position to make reasonable statements concerning my character, personal qualities, and clinical abilities/professional attitudes
- My referee has supervised me in a clinical setting OR My referee has not supervised me in a clinical setting because I have worked independently with no direct supervision. My referee is a professional colleague or someone in a capacity to comment on my professional/clinical skills (e.g. a physician who referred patients to my services)
- I have not provided health care services to my referee
- I have not received health care services from my referee
- My referee is not a member of my family nor a personal friend
Instructions for Applicant
- Fill in your information on the Applicant Assessment Form:
- Applicant Assessment Form_2020_10_08.pdf (697 KB)
- Forward this form to your referee to complete and submit directly on your behalf.
- Ensure that your referee is aware that they are also to write a letter of reference for you (see instructions below and on Applicant Assessment Form). Both documents must be received to be considered complete.
- Candidates will be able to verify that the BScPA Program received the documents from the referee after approximately one week, via the admissions portal at join.utoronto.ca. Referees will not receive a confirmation of receipt from the program.
Instructions for the Referee
- Complete and sign the Applicant Assessment Form provided to you by the applicant
- Create a letter of reference on letterhead, following the directions on the Applicant Assessment form for content.
- Sign the letter of reference.
- Send the completed and signed confidential Applicant Assessment Form and letter of reference to the BScPA Program via email.
Only signed submissions directly from the referee will be accepted.